This blog is meant to record some of our steps in the homeschooling journey. We are a Muslim family of 5 in Pakistan – a society where home education is still very rare. Our children have never been to school and there was a time that this made us very ‘otherworldly’. But Alhamdulillah, as the children started showing output of this less-explored method of education, we started catching positive interest of people, who are still not short of questions! I hope this blog will help qualm the concerns of those looking into homeschooling or its results, and will support them in taking the plunge for their family’s better Deen and Dunya.
For contacting the homeschooling community of Pakistan, join the Pakistan Home Education Group.
For my own record, and constant reminder, the intentions of running this blog:
- To make visitors think how they can groom their children’s Imaan & talents without burdening them with school.
- To share useful resources with readers which may help them in their family’s learning journey.
- To provide alternative ideas of healthy and halal recreation in this fitnah-filled age.
- To make it clear that ordinary parents like us with ordinary means can strive to save their children’s Deen – it’s about goal-setting and prioritization, coupled with constant dua and tawakkul.
- To become a connection for those lonely homeschooling souls, who’ve still not found the homeschooling community.
- To gain Allah’s pleasure through all of the above, if Allah wills.